Medical Clinical Assisting Training Course
The Medical Clinical Assistant program provides training for an entry-level career as an important member of the healthcare team. The program emphasizes hands-on experience in both front -office administrative and back-office clinical skills, and develops traits employers seek such as the ability to assume responsibility, make decisions, and work independently. Medical Clinical Assistant students receive training in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains.
Students learn about the major systems of the human body, including Integumentary, Skeletal, Muscular, and Gastrointestinal; medical office systems; pharmacology; pathology; medical coding; clinical laboratories; and medical insurance billing.
Successful completers of this program will be able to:
- Record patients’ medical history, vital statistics, and other key information such as test results in medical records
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician
A Certificate of Completion in Medical Billing and Coding prepares you for jobs in physician’s offices, clinics, laboratories, hospitals, specialty practices, insurance offices, and outsourced billing companies. As a critical team member for the financial cycle of healthcare providers, from single-provider practices through large medical centers, the profession requires attention to detail with electronic and paper systems used in billing services.
Total Time Commitment: 47 weeks; 556 hours total (includes 100 hours of externship)